January 27, 2007
Breakthrough ideas for education in 2007
The Harvard Business Review has published its 20 breakthrough ideas for 2007. The list makes for some interesting reading, at least for my quirky tastes but it got me wondering what would a similar list for education or perhaps schooling look like? Is there an educational imagination out there? Perhaps the notion of breakthrough and education are antithetical? As Heather-Jane Robertson wrote some time ago:
"The only thing you can do quickly in education is damage"
Heather-Jane Robertson (1998) No More Teachers. No More Books. The Commercialization of Canada's Schools, McClelland & Stewart, Toronto.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bibs & bobs #47
The Chatbot Did Not Break Assessment. It Followed the Instructions Universities are very good at being surprised by things they have spent y...
-
Engaged, Deeply Engaged A Short Account of How I Learned to Run a University Internal Status: Operational. Efficient. Bored. I was installed...
-
I just realised I had an unfinished post from months back in relation to computing and related technologies in education. When I ever get ar...
-
Bruno Latour Interviews an AI About Delegated Meaning ( A Small Sociotechnical Comedy in Several Acts ) There has been interactions resembli...
No comments:
Post a Comment